- M.Sc. Anatomy, AIIMS, New Delhi,
- Ph.D Anatomy, AIIMS, New Delhi
- 21 years of teaching & research experience
- Dilli Babu E, Poonam Kharb (2013): Coeliac Trunk Variations: Review With Proposed New Classification. Int. J. Anat Res.; 2:165-70.
- Vishram Singh, Poonam Kharb (2013): A paradigm shift from teaching to learning gross anatomy: metaanysis of implications of instructional methods. JASI, 62(1), 84-89.
- Samanta PP, Kharb,P. (2013): morphometric analysis of mandibular foramen and incidence of accessory mandibular foramina in adult human mandibles of an Indian population. RevArg de Anat Clin.; 5(2): 60-66
- Poonam Kharb, Prajna Paramita Samanta, Manisha Jindal, Vishram Singh (2013): The Learning Styles and the Preferred Teaching–Learning Strategies of First Year Medical Students. JCDR; 7(6): 1089-1092.
- Atulya, Poonam Kharb, Prajna Paramita Samanta (2013):Variation in Origin and Branching Pattern of Lateral Circumflex Femoral Artery: A Rare Case Report. Int J Health Rehabil Sci. 2013; 2(1): 72-75.
- Manisha Jindal, Poonam Kharb, Prajna Paramita Samanta (2013): Comparative Analysis of Instructional Learning Preferences of Medical Students of First and Seventh Semester. Int. J. Phy.
- Prajna Paramita Samanta, Poonam Kharb.(2012) Morphological analysis of the lingula in adult human mandibles of north Indian origin. J Cranio-Maxill. Dis. 1(1), 7-11.
- Kharb P, Prajna P Samanta, Gupta N (2012): Morphometric analysis of infraorbital foramen in dry adult skulls and its surgical relevance.J Adv. Res. Biol. Sci. 4(2), 1-4.
- Prajna PS, Poonam K : A variant origin of common Hepatic, right inferior phrenic artery and accessory right renal artery. Journal of Surgical Academia, 2011, Vol. 1 (2), 67-69.
- Susheela, A.K. and Kharb, P. (1990) : Aortic calcification in chronic fluoride poisoning : biochemical and electronmicroscopic evidence. Expt. Mol. Path. 53, 72-80.
- Kharb, P. and Susheela, A.K. (1994) : Fluoride ingestion in excess and its effect on organic and certain inorganic constituents of soft tissues. Med. Sci. Res 22, 43-44.
Papers presented /Abstracts published
- Kharb, P. and Susheela, A.K. (1986) : Fluoride toxicity : observations on parafollicular cells of thyroid gland of rabbit and calcitonin releasing electron dense vesicles. In. Proceedings of XVth Conference of the International Society for the Fluoride Research, P.30 (Abstract).
- Kharb, P. and Susheela, A.K. (1988) : Fluoride toxicity and soft tissue calcification. In proceedings of Afro – Asia Ocenia Congress Anatomists. New Delhi, India. Aug. Sept. 1988. p.79 (paper presented)
- Susheela, A.K., Das, T.K. and Kharb, P.K. (1990) : Fluorosis – A metabolic bone disease. In proceedings of India-U.S.A. symposium and workshop on endocrinology metabolism and diabetes held at AIIMS, New Delhi. Dec. 27-31
- P. Kharb, K. Garg, T.S. Bhagat, Jayakumari & V. Katira (1996) : Teaching/Learning Anatomy -‘Students View point’ J Anat Soc. Of India Vol 46
- P.Kharb, S. Jayakumari, V. Singh, N. Kaul, K. Garg, V. Katira(1997): Evaluation in Anatomy – Students Viewpoint. Proc, of 45th Conf of Anat. Soc. Of India.(paper presented). Jayakumari, K.Garg, V.Katira, P. Kharb & T.S.Bhagat (1996) :Awareness of AIDS J. Anat. Soc. Of India vol 46.
- Poonam Kharb, Prajna Paramita Samanta (2012): Morphometric Analysis of Supraorbital Foramen /Notch in Dry Human Skulls. In proceedings of 60th National Conference of Anatomical Society of India. pp. 113 ( Poster presentation).
- Prajna Paramita Samanta, Poonam Kharb (2012):Morphometric Analysis of Mandibular Foramen and Incidence of Accessory Mandibular Foramen in Dry
- Adult Human Mandibles. In proceedings of 60th National Conference of Anatomical Society of India. p. 113 ( Poster presentation).
- Poonam Kharb, Prajna P Samanta, Manisha Jindal (2013): Learning Style preferences of First Semester Medical Students . In proceedings of 3rd National Conference of Society of Biological Scientists of India pp. 29. (Oral Presentation).
Member Professional Body
- Life Member of Society of Biological Scientists of India.
- Life Member of Anatomical society of India.
- Member of Association for the Study of Medical Education, UK.
- Secretary, Society of Biological Scientists of India.
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of health and Rehabilitation.
- Managing Editor, Journal of Anatomical Society of India.
Workshops/symposia/ Conferences Attended
- Chaired a session and presented paper in National Conference of Society of Biological Scientists of India (SOBSICON-2013 ) held on 3rd Jan – 6th Jan at Karpaga Vinayaga Institute Of Medicalsciences & Research Centre Kanchipuram, TamilNadu.
- Member organizing committee of national CME on “Chest & Doppler Imaging” organised by department of Radio Diagnosis & Imaging, SMS&R and Sharda Hospital, Sharda University, Greater Noida on 17th March 2013.
- Resource person- Basic course workshop in Medical Education Technology held from 23rd to 25th October 2013 by Medical Education Unit, SMS&R, Sharda University, Greater Noida.
- Member organizing committee of UP MICROCON 2014, X Annual Conference of IAMM UP Chapter, Organized by Department of Microbiology, SMS&R, Sharda University, Greater Noida, held on 1st February 2014.
- Symposium-cum-workshop on “Problem based learning-Promises & pitfalls”, February 2012, Organized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Basic workshop in Medical Education Technologies , September 2011, Organized by Maulana Azad medical College, New Delhi.
- International Conference on Evidence Based Education System , March 2011, held at Sumandeep Vidyapeeth, Vadodara.
- Wet Workshop on “Recent Advances in Diagnosis of Genetic Disorders” Feb-March 2006, Organized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi A
- Symposium on “Biological and Clinical Relevance of Placenta” Feb. 2006, Organized by Vardhman mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.