Details of CMEs/workshop organized by the college
1. CME cum Workshop on 24th January 2018 by department of Surgery on “Endoscopic Urosurgery”.
2. Guest lecture on 15th January, 2018 by Dr. Geeta Maheshwari on the topic “Art of Living”.
3. Workshop on 22nd February, 2018 by Dr. Pooja Rastogi ,Professor ,Forensic Medicine on “Challenges in Writing a Medico-legal Report & Medical Certification of Cause of Death”.
4. CME on the occasion of World Kidney Day on 5th March, 2018 by Dr. Neerja Goel , Prof. Department of Obs.& Gynae , SMS& R and Sharda Hospital on the topic “Chronic Disease”.
5. Guest Lecture on 16th March, 2018 by Dr. Ravinder K Wali, MD, MRCP, Medical Director Abdominal, Transplant Centre, Inova Health System Virginia, USA “Solid-Organ Transplantation in India”.
6. Guest Lecture on the occasion of World Tuberculosis Day on 23rd March, 2018 by Prof, K,B,Gupta, HoD, TB & Respiratory Medicine, PGIMER, MDU, Rohtak on the topic “RNTCP; Current Recommendations”.
7. CME on the occasion of World Malaria Day on 25th April,2018 by Dr. Donthamsetty Nageswara Rao (Prof. and former Head, Dept of Biochemistry, AIIMS) on “Malaria Diagnosis using in-house reagent” and Dr. Rajesh
(District Malaria Officer)on the topic “Talk on prevention and control of Malaria”.
8. Guest Lecture on the occasion of World Immunization Week on 27th April, 2018 by Dr. Jyoti Joshi, Head South Asia (CDDEP) on the topic “National immunization program-challenges and solutions”.
9. Guest Lecture on the occasion of World Thalassemia Day on 8th May, 2018 by Dr. Richa Gupta, Associate Professor, University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, Delhi on the topic “Current concepts in the diagnosis of Thalassemia”.
10.Workshop on AFP, Measles, and VPD on 19th May, 2018 , for the departments of Pediatrics, Medicine, Orthopaedics, ENT, Physiotherapy, Casualty, ICU, Neurology & Neurosurgery in collaboration with CMO Office, Gautam Budh Nagar.
11.Guest lecture on the occasion of World Blood Donor Day on 14th June , 2018 by Dr. Sangeeta Pahuja Sindhwani, Professor and lncharge, Blood Bank, Lady Hardinge Medical College, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India, New Delhi’ on the topic “current protocols for Antenatal testing and Neonatal transfusion”.
12.Guest lecture on the occasion of World ORS Day on 27th July, 2018 by Dr. Seema Alam, Professor, Department of Pediatric hepatology, ILBS, New Delhi on the topic “Acute Diarrhoea – Current guidelines”.
13.Guest lecture on the occasion of World Hepatitis Day on 28th July, 2018 by Dr. Abhinandan Mishra, Consultant Gastroenterologist, Sharda Hospital, Greater Noida on the topic “Serology of Viral Hepatitis”.
14.Guest lecture on 24th August, 2018, by Dr. Piruthivi Sukumar, Academic Fellow in Cardiovascular Research from Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine on the topic “Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases and Transgenic mouse models of insulin resistance”.
15.Workshop on DNA extraction on 24th September, 2018 by department of Microbiology and Central Research Lab.
16.Guest lecture on the occasion of World Contraceptive day on 26th September, 2018 by Dr. Anushuja Singhla Associate Professor, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, UCMS & GTB Hospital, New Delhi on the topic “Newer insights
17.Guest lecture on Adbhut Matrutva – Healthy Happy Mother Baby on 13th October, 2018 by Prof. E. V. Gireesh, Inspirational Speaker, Dr. Shubhda Neel, National Co-coordinator, ADBHUT MATRUTVA, Dr. Niharika Malhotra, Joint Secretary, FOGSI and Dr. K Aparna Sharma, Associate Professor, AIIMS.
18.Guest lecture during Conference Menocon on 18th October, 2018 by Dr. Sonia Malik, Dr. Maninder Ahuja, Dr. Tamkin Rabbani on the topic “Menopause”.
19.Guest lecture on World Osteoporosis Day on 23rd October, 2018 by Dr. Vanita Lal, Prof & Head, Dept of Biochemistry, GIMS, Kasna on the topic “Osteoporotic changes in Perimenopausal & Postmenopausal Women”.
20.Guest lecture on the occasion of World Polio Day on 24th October, 2018 by Dr. N.K.Arora, Director INCLEN on the topic “Polio Eradication – Opportunities and potential threats”.
21.Guest lecture on the occasion of World Antibiotic Awareness Week on 14th November, 2018 by Dr. Sonal Saxena, Director Professor of Microbiology, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi on the topic “Introduction to Antibiotic Stewardship”.
22.Guest lecture on the occasion of World Obesity Day on 26th November, 2018 by Dr. Sachin Jain, Professor, Department of Medicine, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi on the topic “Pharmacotherapy in Obesity”.
- Poster Competition /Guest Lecture on ‘World Tuberculosis Day’ on 24.03.2017 by Department of Respiratory Medicine
- CME on ‘World Health Day’ on 03.04.2017 by department of Community Medicine.
- Poster Competition /Health Talks on ‘World Malaria Day’. Theme -Vector Borne diseases Prevention and Control on 25.04.2017 by Department of Community Medicine.
- Quiz Competition on Asthma on 26.04.2017 by Department of Physiology and Respiratory Medicine.
- CME on ‘World Asthma Day’ .Theme overview of Asthma Management on 26.04.2017 by Department of Physiology and Respiratory Medicine.
- Awareness Programme on Adolescence to Menopause and Beyond on 05.05.2017 by Department of Obst & Gynae.
- Clinical Meeting on Newer Initiatives for maternal and Child Health on 19.05.2017 by Department of Community Medicine.
- Voluntary Blood Donation Camp on World’s Blood Donor Day on 14.06.2017 by Department of Pathology.
- Guest Lecture on World Hepatitis Day on 28th July, 2017 by Dr. Sanjay Garg (Gastroenterology) Consultant Gastroenterologist, Shanti GopaI Hospital , Ghaziabad , on “Hepatitis B – An Overview”.
- Talk on ORS Day on July 29th, 2017 by Dr. Ranjit Ghuliani, Prof. Dept. of Pediatrics on “Management of Diarrhoeal Diseases” and Dr. Amit Singh Pawaiya on “Diarrhoeal disease in Under-5 children (current Scenario)”.
- Lecture on World Contraception Day on 26th September, 2017 on “Contraception and Birth Control: An Update” by Dr. Shelly Agarwal, Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SMS&R and SH.
- Talk on World Mental Health Day on 9th October, 2017 on ‘Mental Health at Workplace by Dr.Abhay Singh Tomar, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry , SMS&R and SH.
- Lecture on World Stroke Day on 27th Oct, 2017 on “Stroke – Treatable and Preventable Catastrophe” by Dr. G.D.Sharma, Professor Department of General Medicine, SMS&R and SH.
- Guest Lecture on World AIDS Day on 1st Dec, 2017 Dr. Renu Goyal on “Diagnosis of HIV Infections”.
- Lecture on ‘ACUTE STROKE MANAGEMENT’ on 6th Dec, 2017 by Dr. Majaz Moonis Professor, Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts.
- Revised Basic Course Workshop in MET, from 13th to 15 Dec. 2017
Year 2015 – 16:
- CME on “A case of Intra-cerebral Venous Thrombosis in young” on 02.01.2015
- Symposium on ”Pediatric Gastrointestinal Emergencies” on 23.01.2015
- Rally –“Save girl child” on 05.02.2015
- ‘6th Annual Cancer Awareness Rally’ on 15.02.2015
- Camp on Awareness and Screening of “Cervical and Breast cancer” on 17.03.2015
- “Round table discussion on Raising Mental Health Service Network (MHSN) on 17.03.2015
- CME on “World TB Day” on 24.03.2015
- CME on “Managing Severe Sepsis” on 03.2015
- Symposium on World Health Day – WHO topics “Food Safety and Healthy Diet on 04.2015
- Talk on WHO topics “Food Safety and Healthy Diet” on World Health Day on 04.2015
- National CME on ” Newer Advances in Neonatology” on 04.2015
- ‘Mind Matters’- Workshop – Art Of Living on 04.2015
- World asthma Day- free Pulmonary Function test and Haemogram in asthmatics, free specialist consultation and drugs to needy patients on 05.2015
- CME OBG- UP COG 2015 on 05.15
- World Thalassemia Day- Blood donation camp in morning- SMSR, Free blood to Thalassemia patients and free consultation on 05.2015
- World HT day on 17th , 18th May 15
- CME on World Hepatitis day on 17th July 15
- Eye Check – up Camp: Dept. Of Ophthalmology on 21st July 2015
- Symposium on ‘World Hepatitis Day’ on 28th July 2015
- Guest lecture on ‘Strategies of USMLE’ on 29th July 2015
- National Workshop – ‘Live Surgical Workshop on Minimal Invasive Surgery’, on 31.07.2015, Dept. of Surgery
- Seminar on ‘Cardio Vascular Diseases’ on World Heart Day – 29.09.2015
- Eye Check – up Camp: Dept. Of Ophthalmology on World Sight Day – 08.10.2015
- Workshop on ‘ Vascular Access in Emergencies” on 02.10.2015, organized by Department of Medicine.
- Camp on Mental Health, with free distribution of Medicines & Lecture on ‘Dignity of Life and Patient Right’ on World Mental Health day -09.10.2015
- World Diabetics Day: Guest Lecturers organized by Department of Biochemistry & Department of Medicine, on 16/11/2015
- A CME has been organized by Department of Community Medicine, on 06/11/2015, (Friday): topic ‘Updates on Global Poliomyelitis Eradication Campaign’
- Department of Obs. & Gynae, SMS&R and Sharda Hospital in association with FOGSI is organizing a CME ‘GESTOSIS’ on5th December 2015
- Leprosy Training Program for Doctors’ on World Leprosy Eradication Day on 30th Jan 2016
- Cancer Awareness and Detection Camp on World Cancer Dayon 04th2016
- Glaucoma screening & Awareness Lecture by faculty member of Department of Ophthalmology on Glaucoma Week (07th March to 12th March 2016)
- National Seminar on ‘ Issues Concerning Pre-Conception & Pre- Natal Diagnostic Techniques’ 08th March 2016
- Lecture on 10th March 2016 World Kidney Day’: Department of Medicine and Department of Paediatrics.
- World Tuberculosis Day : 21st March 2016, Tuberculosis Awareness Programme, by dept. of T.B Chest.
- Guest lecture on Learning and Mastering Human side of Medicine on 13.04.2016.
- World Malaria Day with theme, “End Malaria for Good” on April 25th, 2016 by dept. of Community Medicine. Lecture on
- ‘Malaria – Current Situation in India’
- ‘Prevention of malaria at Home’
- World Immunization Week from 25th April to 30th April 2016
- CME on World Immunization Day in collaboration with District health authority and WHO. Topic: Polio eradication- end game strategy and Measles eradication.
- Guest lecture on 26.04.2016, topic: ‘Basics of Breast feeding Support and Counseling for Healthcare Professionals
- CME on 29.04.2016, Topic: Management of Hyponatremia by dept. of Surgery.
- CME on “Asthma in 2016” on “World Asthma Day” on 3rd May 2016
- Guest lecture on 11.05.2016, Topic: Diabetes & Obesity by Dept. of Medicine.
- Guest lecture on 21.05.2016, Topic: Genomics of Breast Carcinoma – A Road ahead, organized by dept of Pathology.
- Guest lecture on 26.05.2016, Topics: An approach to Microanatomy organized by dept of Anatomy.
- Guest lecture, poster completion and Blood donation Camp on “World Blood Donor Day” on 14.06.2016.
- Health Awareness Programme for “Varishtha Nagrik Samaj” organized by Cardiology Department, Sharda Hospital on 02.07.2016.
- National CME on an “Indo-British CME on Emergency Radiology”in collaboration withSouth West Division of British Institute of Radiology, UK on 11.07.2016.
- 48. Awareness Programme for community, poster presentation, skit / role paly and CME on World ORS Day on 29th July 2016 by dept. of Community Medicine.
- Guest lecture & Interactive session on “Antibiotic Policy in reference to tertiary care Hospital” on 18.07.2016.
- CME on World Hepatitis Day on 28th July 2016 Topic: Hepatitis-Pathogenesis, Morphology and Lab. Diagnosis and Hepatitis- treatment, control & prevention by Dept. of Pathology.
- CME on Organ Donation Day: 12.08.2016 on Organ donation & its Medico-legal Aspects by Dept. of Forensic Medicine.
- Guest lecture on 08.09.2016 Topic: Non Invasive Ventilation by dept. of Respiratory Medicine.
- Guest lecture on World Alzheimer’s Day: 21.09.2016 Topic Behavioral Manifestations of Alzheimer’s disease
- CME on ‘Awareness on Prevention & Control of Dengue & Chikungunya on 28.09.2016 by Dept. of Community Medicine.
- Guest lecture and poster presentation on 28.09.2016 on World Deaf Day by dept. of E.N.T.
- Talk on on World Heart Day 29.08.2016 on How to keep your heart healthy” by Dept. of Medicine in collaboration of Dept. of Cardiology.
- Awareness Talk for community on ‘World Mental Health Day- Them; Psychological First Aid’ on 10.10.2016, by Dept. of Psychiatry.
- Awareness Programme for community on ‘World Sight Day” on 13.10.2016 by Dept. of Ophthalmology.
- Symposium on “World Obesity Day” on 26.10.2016 by Department of Community Medicine in collaboration of Dept. of Physiology.
- Symposium on World Diabetes Day” on 15.11. 2016 by Department of General Medicine.
- Symposium on “World COPD Day: 16.11.2016 by Department of Respiratory Medicine
- Awareness Programme for community on ‘ADIS Day’ on 01.12.2016, by dept. of Microbiology
- CME on FOETAL MEDICINE on 02.12.2015 by Dept. of OBG