The School of Medical Sciences and Research (SMSR) was established in the year 2009 under Sharda University, which envisions an ambience of excellence, inspiring value-based education, research and development.
SMSR is approved for an intake of 150 students in MBBS course by Medical Council of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. The school provides comprehensive facilities for teaching, research and patient care.
The School of Medical Sciences and Research (SMSR) primarily imparts medical education of the highest standards to its MBBS and post graduate students and students of related biological sciences.
- A high academic standard is maintained by an experienced and dedicated team of professors, clinicians and scientists, who are engaged in teaching, research and developing technologies in healthcare.
- The school adopts innovative methods in education with community-based teaching, learning and research.
- The educational goal of SMSR is to ensure a holistic development of theoretical and practical skills with the aim to prepare compassionate human beings, caring and courteous medical professionals, responsible and socially-conscious citizens.
One of the important requirements of the medical education program is the practical training, be it medical, nursing or paramedical courses. This is why SMSR is co-located with Sharda Hospital, a 1200 bed super-specialty hospital for imparting extensive clinical & practical training to its medical students.
The hospital is functioning as an integral part of the medical institution. It is equipped with all the modern facilities and sophisticated medical equipments with the objective of providing a comprehensive healthcare solution under one roof to all sections of the community.
SMSR and Sharda Hospital have highly qualified, experienced consultants and teachers who continuously strive to improve the educational activities, the health care delivery system and to make SMSR a center of excellence in medical education.
In SMSR and Sharda Hospital, research is an integral part of the academic work. Research is undertaken on relevant major public health and medical problems, mostly revolving around the tropical environment in which this institution is located.
The school envisions in signing Memoranda of Undertaking with National and International institutes and Government agencies to enhance collaboration & research partnership.
What Sets 'SMSR' Apart
- Hi-tech Infrastructure: School located in the Sharda University campus spread over 63 acres with facilities at par with leading universities.
- Distinguished Faculty: Dedicated and highly experienced faculty drawn from leading academic institutions such as AIIMS, PGI, UCMS, Lady Hardinge, BHU, etc.
- Unique pedagogy: SMSR's teaching programmes ensure that learning is student centric, enriching and relevant to the educational needs of our students who are preparing to lead the medical world.