Dermatology has traditionally been the practice of caring for the skin. Now it has become the most competitive specialty in medicine due to incorporation of cosmetology as modern society puts great premium on youthful looks.
At Sharda Hospital we bring to you advanced skin care services. Here skin care regimens are individualized based on skin type and pre existing conditions like acne, oily skin and rosacea. The dermatology department offers consultation and services pertaining to general dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, sexually transmitted diseases.
The department has 30 Inpatient beds and a daily OPD managed by a team of well qualified and experienced doctors.
Services and Treatments Offered
- Fractional Co2 laser for acne scars
- Hair removal laser
- Chemical Peels is a body treatment technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that causes the dead skin to slough off and eventually peel off. The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than old skin
- Anti Ageing therapy: Botox, Fillers, Rejuvenalting Peels, Photofacials and other skin tightening techniques .
- Microdermabrasion: It is a cosmetic technique that uses a mechanical medium for exfoliation to remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis. It is a non-invasive procedure and performed by a trained professional.
- Microdermabrasion may be performed to decrease the appearance of superficial hyper pigmentation, and photo-damage, as well as diminish fine lines, wrinkles, and shallow acne scars. Removing the dead skin will aid in the penetration of skin care products by up to 50% and make the skin much smoother.
- Dermaroller: Derma rollers are are used for a treatment process called micro needling or skin needling. It is a form of collagen induction therapy, quickly gaining popularity in the Western countries. Derma rollers are already highly popular in parts of Asia where skin needling has been practiced for some time. Unlike other treatments for acne scars, stretch marks and wrinkles, derma rollers do not damage the skin or remove the epidermis layer. It is used for wrinkles, Anti ageing, Acne scars, pitted scars of varicella, Stretch marks, Hair loss and for thinning of hair.
- Electrosurgery: Skin Tags & Wart removal
- Radiofrequency: Removal of warts Acne keloid Corns Cysts, Tumours, Cysts Moles
- Vitiligo Surgery: Punch grafting, suction blistering
- Skin Biopsy
- UG Teaching: Department carries out regular training of undergraduates. Rotatory clinical posting of various batches of 4th, 6th and 8th Semester of respective MBBS batches in the department OPD & IPD. They are assessed at the end of the posting. Final year MBBS students are given weekly theory lectures by the faculty.
- PG Teaching: There are 2 recognized seats per year for Post Graduate Programme. PG training is carried out as per the NMC guidelines. Journal Clubs, Case Conference, Seminars, Tutorials, Histopathology Discussions are done weekly basis. Interdepartmental Meets & Combined Clinical rounds are organized once a month. Annual assessment and final examinations are conducted regularly.
- MD Syllabus for PG training as per NMC guidelines: https://www.nmc.org.in
- Medical camps are held for rural patient care and School health-checkups done regularly and students are exposed to all services and treatment techniques offered to patients.
- Faculty research project on "Study of clinical profile of dermatophytosis in a tertiary care center as per ECTODERM India guidelines", Under supervision of Dr Shitij Goel.
Following equipment available in the department:
- Fractional Co2 laser
- Diode laser
- IPL laser
- Microscope with dark ground Illumination
- Facilities for skin biopsy
- Micro dermabasion
- Chemical cautery
- Elictro cautery
- Radio frequency cautery
- Wood’s lamp
- Derma motor
- Derma vision
- Phototherapy unit
- Derma Chair
- Dermatoscope/Dermascope (Dermlite DL200)
Faculty and Residents:
- Dr Vinod Kumar Sharma, Professor and Head
- Dr Shitij Goel, Professor
- Dr Sanjeev Gulati, Assistant Professor
- Dr Mansi Bansal
- Dr Henna graduated
- Dr Shivam graduated
PGs on rolls:
- Dr Sushmita Agrahari
- Dr Azra Ferheen Chaudhary
- Dr Kritika Bansal
- Dr Apoorva Gupta