The Department of Pediatrics is one of the most important specialty department catering to the health needs of 40% of the population. The clientele includes newborn, including extreme preterm babies up to 18 years of age. This age group is most vulnerable to various types of Congenital, Infectious & Nutritional problems.
It has 3 sections namely –
- Neonatology/ Perinatology
- Pediatric problems (up to14 years)
- Adolescent medicine (14 to18years)
Department provides preventive, curative & rehabilitative services to the affected children.
It provides round the clock Neonatal emergency services including attending all deliveries to resuscitate newborn.
Neonatal care support is also provided to Neonatal surgical cases.
Department also provides Pediatric care support to the Surg & allied specialties with regards to management of Ventilation, nutrition, intravenous fluids and doses of various drugs.
Department is running a Vaccination clinic providing all vaccines as per National Immunization programme.
The department has well qualified faculty members trained from reputed institutes in India The dedicated team of the department includes senior faculty, junior faculty, senior residents, and junior residents, well trained & dedicated nurses.
- Audiovisual Aids for teaching.
- Centrally Air Conditioned ICUs (PICU & NICU)
- Equipments like Ventilators/ Multipara monitors, Defibrillators, Pulse oximeters, infusion pumps, and incubators/Open care System, Photo therapies units, Nebulizers, Blood Sugar monitoring facility, various weighing Scales and many other types of equipment are available with department.
- Bed Side Ultrasound & ECHO., EEG facility is available
For Under graduate Students: Students are exposed & trained to all ongoing academic activities of the department. The teaching learning process is carried out in the form of Lectures, tutorials, seminars and hands on training on patients (3hrs in morning and 3hrs in evening).
For Post Graduate Residents: Weekly academic activities include: Journal club/Recent advances/ Seminars/Medical audit/Death review/ Cases of clinical interest.
All UG & PG students are trained in various Neonatal & Pediatric procedures.
- Daily General Pediatric OPD
- Specialized Clinics are run for Newborns, Immunization, Child Guidance Clinic, follow-up clinic for various subspecialty
- Referral Services: Patients referred from other departments/ from outside are being managed round the clock.
- 120 bed Pediatric Ward
- 20 bed Pediatric ICU
- 20 bed NICU
- 05 bed Out-Born Nursery
- Post natal ward
EMERGENCY SERVICES: round the clock
MATERNITY SERVICES: All the deliveries are attended by Pediatrician round the clock.
Department is providing level 2 and level 3 neonatology services including advanced ventilation , blood exchange transfusion , surfactant therapy to very premature babies and peritoneal dialysis . We could save preterm babies weighing below 1000 gm . Well trained nurses and resident doctors are available round the clock. Various micro techniques are used for monitoring various biochemical parameters. The infection rate among the babies is very low. Similarly pediatric ICU is also well equipped where the facility of advanced ventilation and peritoneal dialysis is available. Nebulization facilities to all the children are available in casualty as well as in wards