3 Days International Conference on Environmental Law Theme from Thursday- Saturday, 28th -30th October, 2021.
07 Oct 2021
Sharda University School of Law, Centre of Excellence for Environmental Laws in association with Department of Environmental Sciences, School of Basic Sciences & Research organizes 03 Days International Conference on Environmental Law Theme: “Negative Emissions and Climate Change: Sustainable way forward” (Hybrid -both Online and offline mode) from Thursday- Saturday, 28th -30th October, 2021.
About The Conference
In the present era any discussion on environment is incomplete without discussing the contribution of Paris Agreement 2015. The Paris agreements focus was on its goal to limit global warming to well below 2 degree, preferably to 1.5 degrees Celsius, compared to pre-industrial levels. It is important to note that though it is touted as legally binding agreement in fact it is a legal which is a hybrid of legally binding and nonbinding provisions. Now it needs to be looked into that what is the role of Negative Emissions to adapt and mitigate climate change. Large-scale carbon removal, also referred to as negative emissions, has recently gained attention as a key component of climate change mitigation pathways that limit warming to 1.5 or 2°C.
This developing dialogue is intriguing not just for what it says, but also for what it doesn't say. The negative emissions literature is present now is forward-looking and hypothetical, characterized by the results of scenario assessments and hence mostly focused on future hazards and situations. While this has sparked a lively debate about the feasibility and appropriateness of various mitigation pathways—as well as how and by whom they are built—there has been considerably less attention paid to stocktaking or efforts to learn from real-world carbon removal experiences. Despite the fact that many of the "technologies" presently being promoted under the name of "zero emissions" are really harmful to the environment- —primarily bio-energy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS) and afforestation and reforestation as discussed in IPCC, 2018 have been around for a considerable time. More generally, the enhancement of carbon sinks has been a policy objective and a coveted offsetting strategy at least since the negotiation of the Kyoto Protocol.
The lessons from earlier experiences with carbon removal directly speak to the present possibilities, limitations, barriers, and conditions for negative emissions and should inform current research and policy promises if we are to avoid repeating past mistakes. Self-reflexivity, on the other hand, must extend to the underlying politics of the negative emissions debate. Because of the irreducibly political nature of carbon removal, researchers must question whose interest are served and whos neglected in the pursuit of negative emissions.
Registration & Submission
- Abstract Submission (on email: email@example.com)Monday, 20th September, 2021
- Registration, Fee submission & Full Paper Submission by Wednesday, 20th October, 2021
- Registration Link- https://bit.ly/3nbpNaO
- Students: Rs. 750/- for single author with co-author 1000/- if any
- Research Scholars: Rs. 1000/- for single author with co-author Rs. 1250/- if any
- Academicians, Practitioners/Representatives of Governmental and non-governmental organizations: Rs. 1500/- per participant
- (Additionally Rs. 500/- for co-author, if any
*Invited/Plenary Speakers are free from any charges
- Participation Fee for those who are not presenting papers: Rs. 500/-
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected Papers shall be published in SCOPUS Indexed Journal as per Journals Policy, E-certificates will be provided to participants., Presentation Certificate will be provided to Paper Presenters only.
MODE OF PAYMENT & BANK DETAILS
- Name of Account Holder: Sharda University- Seminar
- Bank Name: ICICI Bank Ltd.
- Branch Name: Krishna Apra Royal Plaza, D-2, (acb), Alpha-1, Greater Noida
- Account Holder Name: Sharda University- Seminar
- Account No.: 025405005815
- Branch Code: 000624
- IFSC Code: ICIC0000254
- MICR Code: 110229037
- SWIFT Code: ICICINBBCTS
Email ID: email@example.com